Generally the locations that warrant carpet runners are higher traffic locations; probably the hall leading to the bedrooms or the entrance doorway. Traffic patterns produce a lot of wear on carpets and degrade the look considerably. Wool fibers are naturally superior to synthetic fibers, as well as longer lasting, inherently flame retardant and resistant to dirt and crushing. For these reasons, Wool Carpeting is a superb option for higher traffic locations.
• The functionality of wool carpet is far superior to that of synthetic fibers. Due to the natural crimp which is inherent in wool fiber, it has a greater texture retention and resilience than synthetic.
• Wool carpet runners will look far better longer and will gracefully wear. Even if it’s ready for replacing, it normally looks far better than a polyester or nylon carpet.
• Untreated wool is naturally stain resistant. Temporary additives placed on synthetic fibers will eventually wear off, following a few deep cleanings thus the protection of the coating deteriorates.
• Perhaps the most colorfast carpet available. Not simply does wool carpet take on dye easier than every other fiber, in addition, it fades less than any synthetic carpet. This really is great for runners, because they are usually placed in spaces that do get regular sunlight and usually are not covered by furniture.
• Wool is self extinguishing. This means that in a fire the carpet will likely be extremely difficult to burn. It truly is naturally fire retardant.
• The initial price will likely be greater but will be offset by the products longevity. You probably won’t need to change it for many, many years.
• Wool carpeting is warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer season
• Wool carpet is renewable and recyclable, in contrast to some synthetics which can be petroleum based.
• No synthetic carpet can achieve the soft natural feel of wool.
Wool carpet is a significantly superior fiber than any synthetic fiber you’ll find. It does cost a bit more than some carpets, but the benefits out weight the price considerably. Wool hallway runners and stair runners have been utilised for many years, not just for protection of the floor beneath, but for their beauty. Therefore if for no other reason, pick a wool carpet runner simply because there is no finer beauty than wool fiber carpet.
For more information about all of your Carpet options you can visit our website at www dot greatwesternflooring dot com or one of our 3 design centers in the greater Chicago area, Naperville, Oswego or St. Charles. You can also call one to speak with one of staff members: Naperville 630.357.3331, Oswego 630.236.2201, St. Charles 630.488.3000.